To choose a texture to apply, you have 3 possibilities :
a) click on the square of the EDIT MESH window then choose an image on your PC,
b) or select the mode PICK TEXTURE, then click on a small pyramid :
the texture then appears in the square in the EDIT MESH window,
c) or drag a TEX texture from your inventory to the small square in the EDIT MESH window.
To apply the texture, select the SET TEXTURE mode
and click on a small pyramid to change the texture.
- the MESH sub-option to change all the textures of the mesh,
- or the VOLUME sub-option to change all the textures of a volume,
- or the ALL IDENTICAL TEXTURES sub-option to change the clicked texture and all identical ones in the whole mesh,
- or the POLYGON suboption to change only one polygon.
Stretch a texture
To stretch a texture (so that it repeats itself several times), go to STRETCH_TEXTURE mode,
then click on a pyramid of the volume you want to stretch.
Then choose a stretching scale (e.g. scale 4 to repeat 4 times),
or 0.25 to shrink 4 times, or -1 to reverse the direction of the texture).
The first scale is horizontal stretching, the second is vertical stretching.
Type twice the same values if you want the texture to keep its proportions.
You can enter an angle in Rotate to rotate the texture,
or an offset to move it.
You can also choose the physical matter of a texture.
Select the mode PICK TEXTURE, then click on a small pyramid :
the texture then appears in the square of the EDIT MESH window.
The matter appears underneath and can be changed :
- WOOD is the default material.
- the AIR material allows the avatar to glide when walking on the texture.
- the PHANTOM material allows the avatar to pass through a face painted with this texture,
and moreover the mesh costs much less.
What are the PHANTOM textures for ?
Given their low cost, it is advisable to apply them to all small objects (vase, bottle, telephone, ..).
- For a tree, you can apply WOOD on the trunk, and PHANTOM on the foliage.
- For a staircase, you can apply the PHANTOM material on the steps,
and add an oblique ramp 100% transparent (therefore invisible) in WOOD material for the avatar to walk on.
- Objects worn on the avatar always automatically receive PHANTOM material.